Equivalence of certificates

French and Indian governments have signed an agreement to facilitate mutual recognition of academic qualifications. As a consequence, the French Certificate issued after completion of secondary school education known as the ‘Baccalauréat’ is now equivalent to the school leaving Certificates issued by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or other secondary, intermediate or pre-university educational establishments recognized by the Republic of India.